Wow, three posts in one day!
I'm deliberately overcompensating for what will likely be an eleven-day drought in ranty-posts.
Yes yes, I know you're thinking:
Whaaaaaaat???? How will I survive eleven days without my fix of blurry house/garden pics with fingernail-measurements, over-puctuated diatribes and wanton, profanity-laced complaining????
But I promise that you will make it through. Especially if you read MNSpeak. (And if you don't, I suggest you do. It's awesome. I've been wasting precious time there for well over a year now, so I know what I'm talking about.)
And nowwwwwwwwwww... to keep you further occupied, how about a contest???
WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE SRA. & SR. RANTY GOING TO BE THIS WEEKEND*?
Okay, here are the hints:
1. It's an island. (But no, not the Greek one from which Sr. Ranty hails.)
2. It's actually a deserted island, located in a tiny archipelago.
3. The main language spoken throughout this archipelago (on the islands which are inhabited, that is to say) is not the same as that of the country to which the island belongs. In fact, the islanders are a source of fascination to some linguistic scholars for their unique patois.
4. This particular deserted island is home to an annual music festival, which takes place next weekend, and is also something of a cult diving destination.
And the biggest hint of all:
5. While I call it an island, the islanders actually call it a "cay."
The first person to guess the answer correctly wins a souvenir from the trip! (No, I'm not telling you what the souvenir is, because I don't know yet. It will have to be small and legal to carry across borders though, for sure. :-)
*Those of you to whom I already disclosed the location: hush.