Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Once upon a time, there was a pipe which caused me great stress...

Hidden for so long behind a faux-wall, I didn't even know it was there for a whole month!





Isn't it cute? Little pink-painted, cast-iron thing... too bad it was right where I wanted to put some cabinetry.

So what did I do? I called a craigslist handyman, of course!

Silly me!


Evidently he didn't understand when I told him that the pipe should be UNDERNEATH the top of the base cabinetry.

And this is what I got.

So then what?

(Poor little pipe.)







I called a real plumber. Nine hundred dollars later, I got this:


Look, how sweet! Snug as a bug, inside the wall where it belongs. Too bad I have to patch that gaping-ass hole now.












Oh, not to mention dealing with a couple of other casualties in the war on bad-pipery:



Just a little soldering-fire to break in the new cabinets...














And I love this one.

"Oops, is there another room on the other side of this wall?"

No comments: